The Madera Vintners Association and its family wineries has started a Go Fund Me donation account to raise funds for relief to those who have been impacted by the Ferguson Fire near Yosemite National Park. All donations will be sent to the Wildland Firefighter Foundation and American Red Cross. The Ferguson Fire has burned more than 96,000 acres (as of 8-14-18) and has killed two people, caused 19 injuries and 10 structures were lost.
“The Madera Vintners Association/Madera Wine Trail wineries are deeply concerned by the wildfires raging in and around Yosemite National Park. Our wineries receive many visitors from around the world looking to visit the beautiful National Park. We want to try to do everything we can to support the first responders as they continue to battle the Ferguson Fire. By creating this Go Fund Me page, we hope to try and raise money to give back to the effected communities as well as the exhausted firefighters doing everything they can to keep us safe,” said Erica Magarian, President of the Madera Vintners Association.
As a thank you to first responders working tirelessly to fight the Ferguson Fire, Madera wineries are opening their doors and offering firefighters and all first responders who have worked the fire special free VIP tastings and other special offers:
- Toca Madera Winery: Free wine tasting to first responders on the Ferguson Fire, plus a guest.
- Birdstone Winery: Free wine tasting and 20% off wine purchases for any first responder on the Ferguson Fire.
- Fasi Estate Winery: 10% off wine purchases to first responders on the Ferguson Fire.
- San Joaquin Winery: Free wine tasting to first responders on the Ferguson Fire, plus a guest.
- Papagni Wines: Free wine tasting to first responders on the Ferguson Fire, plus a guest.
All offers are valid until December 31, 2018. First responders: mention these offers when making reservations or while visiting the tasting rooms.